Become a member!
To experience the full spectrum of advantages of working with Break Through Tech Chicago, we encourage you to apply for membership.
Memberships — which are no-cost — are open to women and nonbinary individuals who are interested in laying the groundwork for a career in tech. You may apply for membership if you are a current UIC undergraduate (any college or major), a community college student who is interested in attending UIC, or a high school student who is interested in enrolling at UIC for college.
As a Break Through Tech Chicago member, you are a full participant in our community that believes the tech world should represent the diversity of the real world!
Benefits of membership
- Access to all Break Through Tech Chicago programming: Guild, CS 111, and a Sprinternship (unless you have already done them, in which case you can consider these boxes checked!)
- Membership in our private LinkedIn group, where we post notices about career fairs, internship opportunities, and job postings that seek to advance gender diversity in tech
- Invitations to selected career-readiness events
- Ability to apply to UIC’s delegation to the Grace Hopper Conference, the world’s largest gathering of women in technology — a great place to network and look for jobs
- Space to gather in our lounge on UIC’s campus: meet people, make friends, or just relax in between classes
- Opportunities to represent Break Through Tech Chicago at UIC and around the metro area as a champion for gender diversity in tech
- A Break Through Tech Chicago sticker for your laptop or other favorite technology
- Being part of a welcoming and supportive community of fellow students who understand why tech is the future!