Location: Chicago, IL
The Navigation and Product Classification team at a nationwide retailer is looking for capable software engineers to build out new ways for customers to discover our products.
We combine the business thought process and innovative product classification to make the product discovery seamless for our retail customers. As a member of our team, you’ll work with a cross functional group of top-notch engineers. The appetite to solve a business problem using technology is our biggest motivator. We are a full stack team, so we support what we build, and quality is paramount in every aspect of our work.
In this team, you will continuously learn and apply the latest technologies that help to solve customer problems. Join us if you’re ready to learn, explore, and make an impact.
You should have …
- Experience with building web services with high availability and low latency
- Experience building scalable systems with a keen understanding of design best practices
- Ability to think critically and to solve problems
- Professional experience with Java
- A strong sense of ownership and a healthy sense of urgency to deliver customer-impacting features
- Initiative, ability to receive feedback well, and a positive attitude
You will …
- Contribute to the development of new feature and system improvements in an agile environment
- Work on application, infrastructure, and test code to create bullet proof features that delight customers
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes through automation: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis