User Experience Designer
Location: Chicago, Deerfield, New York City, Cincinnati, or fully remote
Salary: $91,000 – $97,000 (source: Glassdoor)
As a lead user experience (UX) designer, you’ll make key decisions that shape the design of our products. Through partnership with product management, you’ll be engaged in the strategic direction for how users experience our solutions. You’ll be responsible to your cross-functional team for making great design happen in collaboration with other UX designers.
We design and build software experiences that delight users by making their lives easier, and we do this through research, design, analysis, and testing in an iterative delivery environment. The Experience Design team focuses on a multidisciplinary approach that allows you to leverage your strengths and improve your weaknesses in a highly constructive, highly engaging environment.
You lead by serving your teammates, not driving them. You dream about the bigger picture and can make a plan to get it done. You know what you don’t know and surround yourself with others who complement your skillset. You have a passion for innovative design with a user-centered focus. You know how to create engaging and usable experiences. You enjoy working with other designers, developers, and product owners. You love finding creative answers to unusual problems. You thrive on feedback and improvement.
If this sounds like you, join the Experience Design team and be part of the next wave of products that bring together industry-leading data science and customer insights.
You will …
- Communicate design needs with your team through appropriate documentation, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team comprised of product, engineering, and design to deliver a unified, quality software experience
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and end users to generate empathy for their needs across your team
- Conduct user research with internal and external users
- Make informed product recommendations that balance the needs of users, business, and technology
- Represent the interests of good design and user needs to your team and stakeholders